In D Beat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gonzaga's Vandersloot makes D-I basketball history

Go down

Gonzaga's Vandersloot makes D-I basketball history Empty Gonzaga's Vandersloot makes D-I basketball history

Post  Admin Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:20 am

Gonzaga's Vandersloot makes D-I basketball history 1300771158

Normally when an 11 seed beats a 3 seed, it's the top story of the night. But this time, it's a guard from Gonzaga that stole the show.

On a night where #11 Gonzaga upset #3 UCLA, 89-75 in the 2nd round Spokane regional of the NCAA women's tournament, the Bulldogs' Courtney Vandersloot, who had a career night leading her team with 29 points & 17 assists, made NCAA Division I history by becoming the first basketball player, regardless of gender, to reach 2,000 points and 1,000 assists. Vandersloot & her Bulldogs will face the winner of Tuesday's 2nd round game between #2 Xavier & #7 Louisville in the Sweet 16.

Other winners from Monday's 2nd round action include Tennessee, DePaul, Duke, Ohio State, Stanford, Notre Dame, North Carolina. The #4 Michigan State Spartans will face #5 Green Bay Tuesday night at 9:40 pm in the 2nd round of the Dallas region.

Admin
Admin

https://indbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down