In D Beat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brett Favre's final comments after a 20-13 loss at Detroit

Go down

Brett Favre's final comments after a 20-13 loss at Detroit Empty Brett Favre's final comments after a 20-13 loss at Detroit

Post  Admin Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Brett Favre's final comments after a 20-13 loss at Detroit 7dc8cca50da4b0ad92f7946ca8750655-getty-98655484gs015_minnesota_vik

VIKINGS QB BRETT FAVRE
Opening statement: “I’d like to thank the NFL, I’d like to thank the Vikings, my teammates, fans; it’s been a wonderful experience for me. This year it did not work out the way we would’ve hoped, but that’s football. I don’t regret coming back. I’ve enjoyed my experience here, and again I enjoyed my teammates. It goes without saying the fans have been absolutely wonderful. I said: it seems like just two, three weeks ago I kind of had this same conversation with you guys. It’s been a wonderful ride for me. One game, one season does not define me. There will be people out there saying, ‘it’s a shame he went out that way and did this and that,’ but I am truly grateful for the opportunity. (It’s by the) grace of God that I had a chance to play this game and play it at a high level. I’m honored. I hope that people admired the way that I played, my passion for it, because I hold no regrets.

“I can sit here and thank over and over again so many different people, but I’d be remised if I didn’t thank the Green Bay Packers, the fans. It’s kind of tough to say that and the Vikings at the same time, but it was special; a wonderful experience that I wouldn’t change for anything. It was special; I don’t know what else to say. To play 20 years in the National Football League – as a kid we always dreamed of just playing in the NFL, I was not a whole lot different than most kids. To accomplish the things that I was able to accomplish individually and from a team standpoint – (it was) way more than I ever dreamed of. So again, God blessed me from the start and I hope that people appreciated the way I played, the way I appreciate the game. That’s basically it.”

On what his emotions were today, being the last game in the NFL: “Well I kind of prepared for it a couple of weeks ago. I would have like to have played; the wise choice was not to play. We discussed that briefly before the game. First time in my career I was knocked out in Chicago; 10-15 seconds. It’s just too risky in my opinion. Didn’t pass my test up until a couple of days ago, and as much as I would have liked to have played, I just didn’t think that it was wise – for any player, quite honestly – to play. I was prepared for that and I was okay with that. I knew that was the wiser choice as I decided last week and several weeks ago. I’m okay with it.”

On what this time makes it different: “Physically. If you just talk about head injuries, and there’s been a lot of discussion on that this year. It’s time. I know it’s time. And that’s okay. It is. Again, I hold no regrets. I can’t think of too many players off hand that can walk away and say that. Again, individually and from a team standpoint, way more than I ever dreamed of. And I played with some great, great teammates over the years. It was an honor to play. I just know it’s time.”

On what he said to his teammates in the locker room: “It’s ongoing. We had a prayer and then in passing guys were very respectful as I was with them. I’m sure that through tomorrow that will continue. (They’re a) great group of guys. It didn’t work out this year, but great group of guys. That’s the thing that every player, every former player that I have talked to, will tell you is what you miss is the guys, the fellowship, bus rides, locker room, winning and losing together, celebrating together, that’s the things you’re going to miss. If I would sit here and told you I would not miss that I’d be kidding myself. From a playing standpoint, there’s nothing else left to do. You can never get back to the fellowship of the guys, and that closeness with the guys. Those will always be great memories, not only with this year’s team and last year’s team, but all those years in Green Bay. Man, we were able to win a Super Bowl in Green Bay, and a lot of games, played with some great teammates. I’m just honored that I got the chance to play and was able to play at a high level for a long time. Truly a blessing.”

Admin
Admin

https://indbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down