In D Beat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015)

Go down

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015) Empty "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015)

Post  Admin Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:13 am

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015) Rowdy+Roddy+Piper

On Friday afternoon, July 31, 2015, Roderick Toombs, more famously known to all wrestling fans as “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, passed away at the age of 61 due to natural causes.

Also known as "Hot Rod", Piper was best known for his kilts & bagpipes to honor his Scottish heritage, as well as his famous in-ring talk segment, Piper's Pit. In his Pits, he shared many unforgettable moments, such as the confrontation he had with "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka and the face-to-face showdown with Andre The Giant & Hulk Hogan that led to the main event of WrestleMania III at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1987.

Piper had many rivals throughout his wrestling career, including Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, Ric Flair, and Goldust. And yet, his only championship in the then-World Wrestling Federation came at the Royal Rumble of 1992 when he defeated The Mountie to become Intercontinental Champion. In 2005, Piper was inducted the WWE Hall of Fame.

Outside the ring, Piper starred in several movies, including They Live (1988) with his famous quote - "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubble gum." He will always be remembered as a fighter & a survivor after having Hodgkin's lymphoma, which he defeated in 2007. He is survived by his wife, four children, and four grandchildren.

"Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions." - "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015) Roddy-piper-ic-champ-600x400

Admin
Admin

https://indbeat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum